Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Did It, I Finally Read the Twilight Books!!

I have to admit that I had reservations about reading Twilight. I mean why would I want to read a book about Vampires.. No really Why???
Well one day during the summer one of my Daycare Kiddos brought a copy of Twilight with her. I read the first 25 pages because I wanted to see what all the hype was about...
She took it back, All I had read was 25 pages...
A friend of mine found out that I had Never read Twilight! She was shocked as she knows that I love to read. She brought me her Twilight books..

A huge Thank You to Jan for letting me borrow her books!!
I read the 4 books in 7 days... This is huge These books have a lot of reading in them. Thank goodness my daycare kiddos are excellent nappers. Thank goodness I have learned how to still walk and talk with a small amount of sleep.
The books are wonderful. I am not sure which was my favorite, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, or Breaking Dawn. And now I hear that Stephanie Meyers has book 5 coming out.. How exciting to see what is going on in the life of Bella, Edward, and Jacob.
I recommend these books very highly, if you have a life beware they take over... I didn't have to worry about it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! you finally read it. You are one of us now.lol
    When i read them for the first time it was the same way. All those books in a week. When I was done I had tons of laundry to do .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first read the books when Roy was in the hospital for an extended stay. Our 15 year old daughter just proclaimed them to be "THE BEST BOOKS EVER!!!" She had stuck them in the trunk of my car with the books I had packed to read. When I ran through every book I had taken, I finally started Twilight. That was on a Thursday. By Sunday night I had finished all 4....they really DO take over your life! Very well written~ I'm definitely a "Twi-hard"
    ♥,Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read these books. Sooner or later I will get them read. I am putting them on my Christmas list for the Christmas that I am only having in my head because we are canceling Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the books as they came out in paperback. I started late so I could read Twilight and New Moon back to back. I had to wait until this August to read Eclipse and finally borrowed Breaking Dawn in hardback so I could complete the series.

    I found myself staying up reading until 4am and loving it. I was consumed with the saga of Bella and Edward. I loved the series, but I was a little let down with Breaking Dawn. I didn't think it was as good as the rest of the books.

    ReplyDelete

Wow Thanks for the comment.. Something to read..