Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bake Sale, HELP!!!

Our Family has a Relay for Life Team. If you are not familiar with Relay for Life , It is a All Night Walk, for the American Cancer Society. Teams raise money, by having Car Washes, Bake Sales, Asking for Sponsorship, Spaghetti Dinners, Raffles, anything they can think of to help raise money. We need to find a cure for Cancer. Cancer unfortunately has touched our family many times. I lost my Fiance to Cancer in June of 2006, One of my Brother In Laws lost his Mom to Cancer, and his grandfather, Another Brother In Law lost his Dad recently. My Mom is a Cancer Fighter. She was diagnosed in 2005 and has been fighting it since then. She undergoes Chemo even now. She has had Surgeries, Chemo's, Radiation. Everything. We are lucky she is strong, and quite the fighter and is doing pretty well right now. New Chemo with very few Side Effects is a huge help.

So The Bake Sale. On Saturday April 11th, we are hosting a Bake Sale. We meaning our Team which consists of My 5 Brothers and Sisters, their spouses, and all of my nieces and nephews. A Large group. We will be baking fools. I was wondering if anyone out there has any ideas.
Things that maybe you have made for Bake Sales, Items you like to buy at Bake Sales, Anything Different or Anything You just love. I would love to try some new things. If you could send me Recipes, or just give me Ideas it would be great.
So far I am considering attempting to make some of Bakerella's Cake Pops. I am going to try them this week, and then I will know if I can do it or not. Wouldn't they be cute in a bouquet for easter. I am also considering a recipe of the Great Paula Deen, It is a Cookie/Candy recipe that involves my favorites, Butter, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate.. hello sounds yummy.
Well let me know... I can't wait to see what suggestions I get back.
I am willing to try about anything. You never know maybe there will be a little surprise if I use your recipe, or suggestions.
Thanks, and Have Fun!!!

4 comments:

  1. I was twice a captain for my local Relay for Life but once I had kids that kind of went out the window. I hope to do it again in a couple of years. We did do a bake sale that was pretty successful. I think your best bet would be to choose things that are common that everyone knows like chocolate chip cookies, brownies, caramel corn, rice krispie bars, etc. The more unique (and usually more expensive) things I made always were the last to sell, in my experience. Good luck, it is a great cause and I always at least donate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big sellers at all of our bake sales are cupcakes with sprinkles, rice krispie treats and BIG brownies. they are all VERY inexpensive t make and we sell the cupcakes for .50, rice krispie treat for .25 and brownies for 1.00~ Good luck I hope your baking foolery pays off BIG time!

    OH, I am also stopping by to introduce myself and welcome you to the SITStahood. You are going to love this wonderful community of women.

    You might consider following my blog…I host a monthly drawing for fun prizes EXCLUSIVELY from my list of followers. No need to check in every day (though ya might want to, and I would love that) just follow…pretty cool right?

    AND come enter my FABULOUS giveaway too…so much fun stuff happening in the SITStahood!

    I’m L-O-V-I-N-G it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LSL votes for no-bake cookies, no-bake cookies and more no-bake cookies - LOVE EM!!!
    How about some of those bite-size cupcakes and LASAGNA and HOMEMADE BREAD (that's baked) sounds good to me. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. here rice krispies sell great we are also preparing for this great event as we just lost husbands mom to cancer in August.

    thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing the great story this was great

    ReplyDelete

Wow Thanks for the comment.. Something to read..