Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Front Porch




Do you have a Front Porch? I do, it is wonderful. We use that front porch everyday that we can. Today is one of those days. It amazes me that I am sitting in a rocking chair on my front porch and blogging. Wow, We've came a long way baby!! ( Now you guys know how old I am, that is an old saying from an old commercial from way back). Those pictures are of my front porch today. And Yes that is Rocky looking at me like I am a lunatic for daring to leave him inside. Also normally we have 2 American flags, but the Wind twisted the Flag holder, and I have to buy a new one.


The Front Porch is like an extension to our house. Its another room. It might only be able to be used for about 8 months of the year. But it is wonderful. Our Front Porch is large, we have 3 large Rocking Chairs, 2 small Rocking Chairs, and a large Bench on the porch. Sometimes they are all full plus the stairs.


The Front Porch is nice because it keeps you in touch with the world. Neighbors go by, they wave or stop and chat. Sometimes, total strangers will wave or toot their horns, of course we wave back. The Front Porch is so welcoming to me. I can't imagine a home without a porch.


We also have a back porch, it is nice because it is all screened in, My mom loves to sit out there and watch all the birds that come to feed in the feeders. The Squabbling Messy Blue Jays, the Cardinals our state bird, The Doves, the Nuthatchers, the Wrens and Sparrows. We also have quite a few Hummingbirds in the Backyard in the Summer. They are amazing little creatures and last year we found a little Hummingbird nest. So tiny.


Well I guess that is all for now, If you do have a Front Porch I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.


Have Fun!

6 comments:

  1. Someday, I'll have a beautiful wrap around porch. Or at least, a stoop in Brooklyn, or something of the sort. Until then, I have a driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,, I wanted to say Thank you for coming by today. When I do the round Robin I will let you know. I hope it works. I love your front porch a lot. I really do not have one. I would sit in your chairs and drink a nice glass of sweet tea for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a front porch and I can't wait to put it to good use. We moved into our home almost 2 years ago and have concentrated on getting our back yard put together. This year, I'm all about getting the front done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your bro and S.S.'s (K)dad are working on my porch as we speak. Wow are they noisy. So much for nap time. But YEAH I will have a roof so I can enjoy the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the porches at home. We have a little tiny one on the front of the house, and a deck on one side, and on the other side we have one that just wraps around the edge of the house. I love to go outside and sit on the porch. i dont see any neighbors, but i do see lots of animals and its great. geeeee i really wish i had a porch attacked to my dorm. hey thats an idea! dorm rooms should have porches attached to them like some hotel rooms do :) well enjoy your porch! its a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted one of those porches that you can sit in a rocker and just enjoy the happenings. Just beautiful!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway.

    Have a wonderful day, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Wow Thanks for the comment.. Something to read..